'92 300D and biodiesel

Are the fuel lines in a car of this vintage synthetic? I'm told that I really don't need to change to Viton to run B99.
TIA JD

Change them now, or after it's towed back to your garage. Your call. You might get a year out of factory fuel lines with B-99. Then they start weeping. Then they start oozing all over your engine. Then they go bad. If you run SVO, even less time. Had a steady vege "ooze" onto a motor mount before i swapped lines. No more motor mount. Image what it does to rubber under pressure. It's about $100 for the hoses and an hour of your time and you don't have to think about it again.
PT in OR wrote:

I understand this to be the case with older W123 cars but I'm not getting a clear picture about newer cars in specific. What year is yours?
JD
It still applies... I think it is like 1998 or 1999 that they started with the newer version but not all are like that so it is much safer to change hoses... whether viton or Mercedes... stand a much better chance than original lines.
PT in OR wrote:

I've got a year on WVO right now. I've been watching the fuel lines, they all look dandy still. I figure, I'll change 'em when they need to be changed.
-tom!
Tom Plunket wrote:

What year is your car?
JD

JD wrote:

1979 and I've put several of the rubber fuel lines on myself because the ones that came on the car were rotted out and leaking air into the system.
-tom!