92 300D inside fan noise

When I turn the heater on (cold weather problem only) i get a chirping sound from the fan. I know it is the fan because it goes away when I turn it off. It is only there on low speeds.
Do I need to replace the motor?
Thanks,
Mike Sheehan

Mike, definitely not. The bearings need a bit of lubricant. It's not that difficult to get at. Just this morning I took out the leaf tray beneath the wipers on my 190E and just opend the squirrel cage housing - there are a number of clips that hold the cover on - (not sure in detail re your model, but knowking MB it will be similar) and I just squirted some WD40 in there.... good as new. Mine was so bad it was beyond chirping and wouldn;t even turn anymore
cheers, guenter
ps you might want to use google with your model # etc