92 300D Turbo

Looking at a 1992 300D Turbo Diesel, 259K miles, some rust on the left rear qrtr above the molding and faded paint on top behind sun roof, Color is grey ext. on lt. grey leather int. Going to drive it Monday night and check it out. It is on a lot and was probably a new car trade in, car is clean as a new one inside, back seats don't look to have even been set in, thinking it was a salesmans car as clean as it is. Have owned MB before but not a Diesel, what should I look and listen for? Car is clean and dry underneath with no oil puddles or leakage that I could see, Dealership was closed today and could not test drive or check out any further. Car has 3 good matching tires and 1 new odd ball but not noticable. What should they be asking for this model, any help from the experts here at talk about would be appreciated. You folks have been a lot of help to me with the MB line and I thank you. Tim Henderson, Ohio

Reply to
timhmax

That's a lot of miles. I have a gas and a diesel that have more than 300K and are great but 259k is a lot for a relatively "recent" benz, get the best specimen you can afford. Look all over the country,

and ebay, especially the warmer drier states

cp

Reply to
cp

Always bad sign in my book.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

oooh, they hit a curb I am soooo scared :~)

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I Plan on having the dealer do a Car Fax run on this one. Is that a recommended practice or just find out if it has a clean title (not rebuilt).

Reply to
timhmax

Vin check will tell you if the odometer has been turned back. If the auto has been rebuilt, where the Auto has been titled at, if it was a lease vehicle, and much more, but I would just get the VIN # and run it online myself for about $7. Thats the first thing a dealer checks when you bring a car in for trade.

Reply to
Giesel

How do you do a VIN# check here in Canada?

Reply to
Orc General

The odometer has 259k miles. If someone was going to reset an odometer, why would they set it this high?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

LOL!!!

Reply to