'92 300TE - Idle Control Valve has been rewired

In picking up my recently purchased and serviced'92 300TE (132,000) from the local merc mechanic, he informed me that my Idle Control Valve had been rewired. Someone had taken the two "double plug" wires,
wrapped them together and installed them on one post of the ICV.
The car is slow to cold start and accelerates from idle somewhat sluggishly. The car runs much worse the Idle Control Vavle is "properly" wired.
Any thoughts on why it may a have been rewired? Thx.
Well, I just picked up the car and I misinterpreted what had been done. The two wire wire plug has been pulled out and reinserted into one plug only - essentially disconnecting the ICV.