'92 500SL

Cannot unlock the driver's seat backrest (dossier) to access the back compartment. Passenger side is OK
The handle operates fine, has the same spring feel it always had.
Tried as hard I could to have it unlock with arm pressure, but to no avail.
Before having a mechanic do the fixing, is this something I could do myself?
Thanks for any help.
I have the same problem on the passenger side of my '92 500SL. If I move the backrest to a more vertical position (less reclined) the latch works normally. I presume that it is an adjustment problem but I have been reluctant to waste money at a dealer!

dans l'article 4130d267$0$19538$ snipped-for-privacy@server.news.pipemedia.net, Richard Woollacott snipped-for-privacy@woollacott.org a crit le 28/08/04 14:43:

My problem was also with the passenger side, I was wrong with my posting.
Just tried what you did, ajusting the backrest straighter, and it solved the problem.
Happy with this solution.
Thanks again.