92 mercedes benz 400se belt tensioner

i was changing the belt,took the whole belt tensioner out,now it s hard time puttting it,dint remember how, can any one help me making a diagram how to put them back

Reply to
mike30265

This is a W140 car? Do you mean the polyV-belt layout diagram, that would be in your manual. Or do you "mean how to put the belt tensioner parts back"?

Would any of these links help:

for a 500 SEL
others:

Anonymous

I seriously doubt benzworld.org can be trusted as they stole pictures from

And after having stolen them they published it on their site at
then put _benzworld.org_ copyright marks on the stolenpics...

And just to name the bad girls and guys, responsible for the thefts are: Frank Lopez Michael Templo Melanie Williams Kathy Mellencamp Vince Lopez

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

So what?

Juergen . wrote:

Reply to
Jens

So what?

Juergen . wrote:

Reply to
Jens

Unfortunately, we cannot attach pictures here.

Try

mike30265 wrote:

Reply to
Jens

Well, I do think it matters. I was not aware of this theft. I would bet any information stolen from the referred site would be 100% accurate, that should not be an issue but of course it is not acceptable at all to steal such presentations without permission (and giving a wrong idea of the original source) I guess it would not make the whole forum unreliable, I would still have expected them to fix the issue somehow, once requested. Don't know if it would have been sufficient to name the original source.

On another topic, I never really figured out what happened to this referred site, somehow concluded that I should not even ask. Anyway it would be extremely interesting to have the site working and up-to-date again. I understand that it needs a huge amount of work, and other issues may exist but the site was very useful for MB owners and I think for DC company eventually too.

I find a lot of useful info at benzworld.org, I would hope this issue getting fixed. Any benzworld members hopefully would support this.

Reply to
Anonymous

Hey... I never meant that theft is OK.

I just didn't see the relevance of claiming theft in connection with your effort to assist someone with a problem, just because a single article at a site, to which you refer, may break someones copyrights. Particularly considering that you didn't even refer to that article at all.

And the whole benzworld isn't unreliable, just because one article contains copyrighted material (which is still not OK).

If so, this group is also unreliable, since most of the information quoted most probably origins from copyrighted sources, such as workshop manuals etc.

The real theft I see, is the link to the 140 DVD, which isn't cheap.

I bought that as well as Alldata subscription and MB EPC CD as some of my sources to knowledge. So maybe I am a thief too, when don't ask publishers whether I can use the knowlege obtained to assist others.

An> > So what?

Reply to
Jens

Hi, thanks for the clarification on your view. I don't think anybody claimed you a thief, just looked like you considered copying someone else's presentation and publishing that as one's own, ok. But that wasn't the case after all.

Reply to
Anonymous

Why that?

At a major US autoshow once printed articles from that site were spotted at the MB booth... But I think the site just was too critical of the DC board of directors (and especiallly the then CEO Schrempp) as well about the MB model policy and the lack of quality of the cars to make DC to like it.

There was too much work involved in that site - what could be seen on the site on the internet was only the tip of the iceberg: Much more time was needed to discover interesting material and then to wade through enormous amounts of it, to check and evaluate many different sources, to compile and to prepare the material etc. pp., resulting in a full-time unpaid engagement of much more than 40 hours a week. Plus private people, other websites, car clubs - and in one case also an authorized MB dealership - from literally all over the world stole material from the site, also often putting their copyright logo on the stolen material, like benzworld.org

And another thing: Before in my company someone gets a job of course also an informal check is run on the internet. And if someone has a bad background - like being a known thief like the mentioned people from benzworld.org - his application not only is returned immediately, but also a warning email is sent to certain other companies: We do have an emailing list to warn each other of such people. That is why it is important to name the people on the internet like in usenet groups: For easy finding their names later.

And NO, it's not unfair, they _are_ thieves - and we want honest and reliable employees, not thieves!

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

I have no good explanation for this, somehow I just thought this was a personal issue that would not need to be exposed to the internet.

Well, this is interesting, to me it looks similar to what so many other companies do today (on different business too). Short term profit and share value driving management bonuses/options seem to get higher priority than the long term healthiness of the company and well being of their customers.

A local dealer told me that DC has admitted the mistakes of the past management policy and have started actions to recover the values MB was recognised (I don't think they were completely lost but some car models did show "good success" on that). I am certain that you, your site and your effort were one among (likely many) others that made DC accept their mistakes and start actions to recover (where necessary).

I can certainly understand the huge amount of work involved.

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
Jens