93 300TE ?

I'm going to look at a 93 300TE wagon ,2 wheel drive, 150k mile, garage kept, good body and interior. Owner claims everything works except brake light comes on once in a while. I'm not familiar with these models and recall Consumers Reports said to stay away from 93s. I drive an 83 300SD with 110K mile and the wifes 87 190E2.3 got totalled a while back. Facts and opinions appreciated.

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Brake light that comes one occasionally is most likely to be brake pad sensor... so you need to change the pad. Other than that... sounds good.

Reply to
Tiger

Is there anything else about these cars with 150,000 miles that can take one to the cleaners?

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik
1-104 engine infamous Head Gasket oil leaks 2- AC Evaporator leaks 3-Engine Wire Harness

A few other small things , but these Big three are all very expensive.

Reply to
AJDalton7

I have a '95 e320 wagon (essentially the same car rebadged). I have already gone through #s 1 and 3. Thanks for the heads up on #2.

Otherwise a great car, though.

Al

Reply to
Al McWhorter