'93 E320 coupe idle problems

Please help! So far nobody is 100% certain what is actually the problem and it seems rather stupid to change parts one by one till I get to a solution
becouse Mercedes dealer is very expensive with suggestions. If anyone has any experiences with '93 E320 coupe shuting down occasionally during running at idle when shifter is in "D" position? Sometimes it also happens when shifter is in "P" or "N" positions. Otherwise car runs perfectly and has full power. It has only 70000 miles on and was parked for the last two years. Once more I emphasize that car can be driven wich ever way you prefer but when you're making a full stop on the crossroad and shifter is in "D" engine idles eratically or shuts down. Any clues?
Mario
OVP relay check .. 000 540 52 45 changed to 000 540 67 45 See if this part has been upgraded. Your car has access to codes under the hood Check the codes if you want specific possible fault conditions of the engine ECU management system.
Yep... OVP is my first check too.
Yep... OVP is my first check too.
same thing happened to my 1990 300e..every once in a while it would stall at a stop sign or light just after i bought it ..the difference is after sitting for a few days my carit would turn over sluggish..........so i checked the voltage regulator which looked fine but i replaced it anyhow...........same thing............replaced the battery in the car and haven`t had the problem in 5 months.

Basically the battery could be marginal, and since at an idle the alternator isn't putting out that much juice, the battery could be driving the system into a low voltage state which causes all of the electronic whoohaws (technical term) to get edgy.
You could measure the idle voltage with a voltmeter, or just try swapping in a new battery.
Marty

Put a bunch of the highest octane fuel you can find in there and run it till it's empty...\
They refuel and retest.
Marty
mario-laser wrote:

The car has biodegradable engine wiring harness - it may cause very strange and hard-to-diagnose symptoms. Now that the car is over ten years old, the wiring insulation begins to crack and cause shorting. The mechanics who know this issue won't even start diagnosing the car unless the original harness has been replaced. Check the wires going to the idle control valve (throttle actuator). It's also possible that there's another (than wiring) problem with this part, a stuck sensor etc.
flwgrsp