'94 300E...Turning off Check Engine Light....thanks for all the useless comments..one dope said fix the prob and it will go out!

The problem is fixed...by me and not the FOUR different Mercedes shops that missed it. So much for the paid professional.

The car had elect. problems....dead battery, low battery, no start, entire car going dark (stalling) during driving....no charging lite would come on, but the belt tensioner was at fault, maintaining just enough drag to keep the alternater lite off, but not enough to put enough juice into the battery. I changed the belt and tensioner and this car has run flawlessly for the past 9 months...

Reply to
Obe Won Knobe

Gee, I wonder why a 'dope' said "fix the problem" when this is the FIRST inkling of information about your problem??

Hmmmm...... nothing there but the subject!!!!

Hey dickwad, yah got your money's worth out of the question. Don't like the answers? Too bad, no refunds. You got a lot of useless comments for zip zero nada info. Go back to the FOUR Mercedes shops, THEY owe you. Not a free usenet newsgroup.

Reply to
Karl

,,,,,,, and you actually expected answers re what your problem was when your were not specific whatsoever about your problem .... note, the 'check engine light' being 'on' was _NOT_ your problem .... geeesh, takes all kinds out there .... flame suit on :-)

ps happy to see you identified the 'problem' and fixed it. Do note that electrical woes, especially marginal ones, are difficult to diagnose 'on the spot' by anyone - even trained MB techs.

Reply to
Guenter Scholz