94 sl500 visor mirror cover

The plastic aruond one of the hinges on my 94 sl500 visor mirror cover has cracked and a very small but important piece of it is missing so that the
cover is held on by one hinge. Dealer advises that entire visor must be replaced at approx $300 plus labor. Does any one know of an alternative fix? Thanks
It has to be replaced. No glue can provide better strength than the original part. And you mention there is a small piece missing.
Try used parts (aka junkyards).
Ray Baddour wrote:

I have a '97 SL500.......I bought both pieces of plastic that goes around my visor hinge. Cost is about $10 each..........if yours is like mine. Go to a different dealer. Have them show you the parts picture on the computer screen. Let me know how you come out.
Wan-ning Tan wrote:

The mirror cover and the visor hinge are 2 totally different pieces.