95 420E runs hot

My 95 420E has 82K miles and runs hot in traffic. I suspect a bad radiator or a bad fan clutch. Does anyone had the same problem or do you have any helpful comments? Thanks

Reply to
surfside

Check your coolant level first.

Then wash the radiator inside out... from engine outward to front of the car.

To check the fan clutch, engine must be hot... and it will pull alot of hot air toward the engine...

Was your AC on? If yes, did the aux fan come on? If not, then check the fuse for it... both in the fuse box... and inner deeper of the fuse box for the fan relays which also has fuses on it.

Reply to
Tiger

If it's OK at speed the radiator is probably working as it should be. Some cars' electric fans should operate when the engine or a/c temp passes a threshold. Suggest you investigate that the aux. electric fans are operating as they ought to before tearing into anything.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach