I recently bought a 95 E 320 with 53,000 km (33,000 miles) Oil-changes were done at regular intervals with 15/40 oil. I would like to use 10W30 synthetic oil. Is this OK or am I asking fore trouble

Reply to
jck

First make sure the car isn't leaking any oil from anywehere... If it is, then synthetic will make it leak faster.

I switched both my old Buicks over to Mobil 1 (5-30 in that case) after about 100K miles of regular oil. Just make sure it's not leaking first, and then when you first swtich, make sure to change it with the engine HOT, so as much of the old oil/sludge as possible is out of there... Use a high quality filter and change as recommended by the oil vendor.

Works great for me. I will switch my 190e very shortly, when I get to my first oil change (113K) and replace the valve cover gaset :~)

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Your car is gas engine and you are running diesel engine oil... that's fine actually... I done this myself too... However, I am a big believer in synthetic now... Way better engine response and synthetic is far superior to dino... I like the extended oil change too.

I suggest you go with 0W40 as MB uses on all their cars now... You should be able to buy them at Target or Walmart... cheaper than auto places.

Reply to
Tiger

only 0-40 5-50 10-40 15-40

Reply to
GDTm¿

True! I said I was using Mobil 1 5-30 it's 5-50 actually...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph