95 E300 D

Can I just replace the driver's side headlight outer lens on this car or do I need the whole headlight assembly? There's one on eBay now for $110 for the lens only but that seems pricey or am I living in the past?

Reply to
Dan

Yes, you can just buy the lens... However, it is pricy... like you said. For our cars, there is only two model years that uses this style so that is why it is expensive. Try shopping around.

I found Bosch new replacement headlight lens at bmaparts.com for $68.51. This is euro leans but it will fit and work better than USA version.

It is located under electrical... headlight lens/reflector

Reply to
Tiger

It says Not D.O.T. approved; why is that? Off road use only?

Reply to
Dan

It has a Euro spec prism. on 1995 car... the euro and american headlight pattern is very very similar.

I personally dumped US spec headlights... I always install Euro spec headlights... much better light output and control.

Don't worry about it. it will work without a problem.

Reply to
Tiger