'95 E300 Diesel "Special Edition?"

What's the difference between a 1995 E300D Special Edition and the standard version of the model for that year? I've seen pictures of one, inside and out, and nothing jumped out at me.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

never heard of a special edition, sounds like a bit of an owners who is trying to sell at a high price fantasy

Reply to
127.0.0.1

"Special Edition" models are usually produced at the end of a model's production run, not so much to commemorate that model but to give a buyer some reason to buy the "old goods" rather than the immeninent new model, which in this case, was the new '96 - '02 body style.

The "Special Edition" might feature some free "options" like metallic paint or special color etc. - additions at small production cost but that constitute a small bonus in the buyer's eyes.

Obviously it's not much of a point ten years later!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Your car is a "Special Edition."

Reply to
Tiger

Special Edition is the only model they made for 94 and 95 E300. It was sold in 1994 as 1995 until the newer W210 come out with 4 oval headlights.

This special edition as far as I know that is different from earlier models is the engine. This is a 3.0 L inline 6 diesel engine with 4 valves per cylinders that produced 135HP and 155 lb/ft torque without turbo. This engine was also used in newer body for 1996 and 1997 before they went turbo charged in 1998 and 1999.

The earlier car has a 2.5L Inline 5 engine turbo diesel that produced 121HP and 165 lb/ft with mechanical fuel injection.

Reply to
Tiger

one had an air vent on the right front quarter panel? think it was the 2.5

case

Reply to
pool man

That snorkel? That's only the 95 Special Edition. 3.0L... Cold air intake.

Reply to
Tiger

it is on the one side correct?

case

Reply to
pool man

Yep, only the passenger side. That's where the airbox is.

Reply to
Tiger