95 E300D

There's been a number of these 124 bodied beauties for sale on eBay lately, all with around 200,000 to 250,000 miles that have gone pretty cheap - $3500 - $4500. Would it be stupid to even consider a car with that many
miles? I tell you they all look beautiful; just high miles.
Nice cars, ready for a rebuilt engine and transmission.
permission.
I bought my car with 196,000 miles. There are things that must be changed at this mileage... Most of the stuff, you can do it yourself and save money but transmission is a big concern at that mileage.
Climate control is also another big ticket concern too... especially the compressor and the evaporator. If I were you, I'd look into the W210 body... better transmission and better engine 98 and 99... more power. Otherwise, engine from 1995 to 1997 is all the same.
I was under the impression that build quality deteriorated with the W210 body; that the 124 was the last of the 'good ones'.

We have both cars and both are excellent. We owned the W210 since new 2001 and no problem at all. No major jobs at all... all little one and not many of them either.
W124 I bought used with 196,000 miles about 3 years ago and it needed alot of parts that is wear and tear. But as usual with Mercedes... very very reliable. Nothing major broke down at all... I am working my way to bring that car back to 'like new condition.'