95 E320 Radio code??

Hello all:
I have a 95 E320, today I found the battery completly dead. After restarting the car I see the radio comes up with a "code" messege rather than working as
normal.
I checked the owners manual and found no information about this.
Is this something I have to return to the dealer for? For a fee I suppose?
Thank you in advance for any help.
When I bought my Mercedes new I was given a card with the code on it. I suppose any dealership will get the code for you from the VIN number

restarting
as
suppose?
On 16 Nov 2003 19:09:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DEKA48) wrote:

The same thing happened to me, you need to go to the dealer and they will get you the code, I believe there is no way around this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.
The first time I had my E420 in the shop I had the same problem. (They had to disconnect the battery to work on the car. It wasn't a dealer shop.) I had to drive the car to the dealer and prove the car was registered to me before they would give the code to me. But then I got the code with no problem and without paying.
BTW, What I found expensive was a spare set of keys - $25 each.