95 S320 Transmission Squeal on 1-2 shift

Greetings,
Recently I notice that everytime I have to accelerate hard off a light, the transmission will squeal, or chirp at the moment the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd. The sound is similar to a
slipping fan belt and just lasts for about half a second on the shift.
It is especially noticable on turns and I'm sure it's not the tires!
Thanks for any ideas, hints, or suggestions.
Thanks, Bob
P.S., the transmission has had a minor slip (and delay) in reverse for about a year, it happened right after a fluid change but hasn't seemed to get any worse....