95 SL 320 Bose sound slowly going kaput

Radio and cd sound level erratic, sometimes real low and distorted and only from right speaker, when turning off and then on gain sometimes it works
like it should. Any ideas where the fault might be either bose amps or radio unit itself? Any tips/ideas from anyone who has replaced the bose / MB radio with after market gear will be appreciated. Thanks Peter
In message Peter W. Peternouschek sprach forth the following:

What? Bose speakers sounding distorted? I'm SHOCKED I tell you, SHOCKED!