(95 SL320) STOP Light Does Not Work (Third Tail Light)

I have checked the bulb and fuses (Trunk & Hood). I have checked the wires along the trunk hinge. I did a wire test and no power is flowing.

The 3rd light power does not come from the light monitor unit. I really believe MB knew the wires would break at the right hinge so they ran the power direct from the stop light switch. That is why the switch has two plugs on it. One pair of wires goes to the light monitor and the other pair goes to the 3rd light. Check the wires at the hinge again. They break about 2" past the hinge towards the front of the car. Pull the accordian rubber out of the body.