(95 SL320) Trying to determine whether to replace the Climate Control Module

1) While driving the automatic button light goes out an the air conditioner stops working when the temperature setting has not been reached.
2) When I first start up the car the blower blows fast for about a 1 second
and dies. I have to press the automatic button again to get the blower to blow fast again.
I am trying to determine if I need a climate control module or some kind of switch.
Thanks for your help.