'96 300E Fuse location

My Defrost fan does not operate. I talked on the phone to the service manager at the dealership. He said first thing to look would be fuse.
In the heating mode, the low speed fan works, I can hear it going up 3
notches (represented by small bars) then staying the same low speed for the next 4 notches which should be the higher and higher fan speeds.
In the fuse box under the hood, they show a "FAN 40 Amp" at location #20 printed on the fuse cardboard inside the fuse box. That location does not exist in the fuse box. It goes from #18 to #21.
There are 2 other locations for fuses which I checked, a little door on the side of the dashboard and one under the backseat, but to no avail.
Anyone knows about this mystery?

If it works at low speed, it's not the fuse.