'96 C280 Engine stall

Hi There,
I've got a W202 '96 C280, with abour 130000kms on the clock. The car suddenly stalled when the engine is switched on. I have no problems to start the car at all. Afterwards, I tried to restart the car, the
engine can be switched on, yet the revs are not consistantly, and always trying to "switching off" itself, with the car and engine shaking, and trying to stall, yet the revs climbs up again, yet the revs drops again, and then the engine gets stalled. Sometimes I can tried to maintain the engine to run by depressing the acclerator. Yet sometimes even when I depress the pedal, the car still gets stall.
I tried many times to start the car, the car switched on, yet the engine gets stalled again afterwards shortly.
Any idea why that could happen, and how I should resolve the problem?? Any advise are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...
Many Thanks and Best Regards, Joe.
First Aid:
Suggest you check the air intake ducting from the engine's air filter to the intake manifold for a loose clamp, holed rubber boot - anything that allows unmetered air into the motor. In simple words ... a vacuum leak. The motor's control system can't deal with unmetered air so it "hunts" by adjusting the rpms up and down but the extra air dilutes the air/fuel ratio and makes it difficult for the cylinders to fire efficiently.
That would be the first look.
If you find nothing, take it to a shop and ask them to retrieve but NOT ERASE the DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) from the engine's ECU (computer); these are the technical clues needed to fix the problem.
By now the "Check Engine" light must be ON, so there IS a stored code.
permission.
On Mar 9, 8:56 am, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Hi Sir,
Thank you very much for your invaluable information and feedback. Greatly appreciated. Yet I do not know how to retrieve the 'error code' from the dash as everything seems displaying as normal. The 'check engine' lights did not come out, unless the engine is stalled, then it comes out together with all other normal warning lights, such as water level, SRS airbag and so on.
I have sent the car to the dealer, they're preliminary suspecting the problem is due to the immoboliser or the related problem. I wonder how true that is... Perhaps your understanding is better.....
Please advise if vacuum leak is still the main cause of the problem..
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards, Joe.