96 E320 noise

My E320 (140k miles) has a droning / hummmmming noise which seems to be coming from the rear between the speeds of 55 - 65 mph when under power (noise is not heard on over run or if going downhill). Sounded like it may
be tyre noise but I've just had all four replaced and noise is still there. Does anyone have any ideas on what the cause might be? TIA.
On 2005-01-09 04:22:27 -0800, "Terence Allan"

Rear end or wheel bearings? This is very similar to another thread here last week or two, so you might want to search for more ideas...
Marty
Suggest you check the exhaust pipes and their heat shields for looseness that could allow a harmonic vibration.
I own a '97 E320 and it has a similar transitory low hum at 1,400 to 1,500 rpm, regardless of gear. Haven't investigated it.