96 E320 Power failer

Recently when I am at low idle, the car hesitates, the dash displays blink the radio stops, and even once the radio lost all it's settings, like the
battery was disconnected. The car has the inline 6, and I believe that engine had a wiring harness issues. The car has 200k miles, and I don't beleive the harness was ever changed. Could this be the problem?
Doubt it... I'd say battery is dead. Car won't run with bad battery or bad alternator.

Battery is new. Doesn't the alternator just charge the battery? Is there a way to check the alternator?
Can you jump start the car? If the car is running, then you can check if alternator is bad or now... it must have at least 13.5V to charge battery. Autozone will check the charging system for free if you can get the car there.... or that you bring your alternator there.
I would also check overload relay to see if fuse still good.
I had this happen when my battery was changed. In my case the engine control computer needed to be reprogrammed for the car to behave correctly. Apparently when you disconnect the battery the computer loses (some of) its memory. EJ in NJ