96 E320 Starting Problem

Several times in the last few months I have had intermittent starting problems. The engine turns, but doesn't start. It eventually does start. Seems like its not getting fuel. I changed the fuel filter, and thinking about the pump. Does this car have a fuel pump relay? Any other suggestions? Thanks,

Reply to
Steve

All MB has fuel pump relay. Eventually starting as if you keep cranking. When does this happen? When engine is cold or hot?

Reply to
Tiger

"Tiger" wrote in news:xvh1d.738$G03.1276714 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Hot or cold. Started this morning, drove about 10 minutes, stopped and wouldn't start. Eventually did after about 8 trys and about 10 minutes. Last week it happened after work when the car had been sitting for 8 hours.

Reply to
Steve

This a sad note. I know someone who is having a similar problem with a 2000 M320. I feel it is more an indication of the lower quality and reliability of Mercedes, in general.

Reply to
Alfred

When the engine fails to start, is the engine cold or hot?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Sounds like overload relay is bad.

Reply to
Tiger

Ooops... I need to clarify something a bit more... when you said stop... you turned off the engine? Or it cuts out on you?

If you turned the engine off, then you got hot start problem. Meaning one of your fuel injector is leaking.

Reply to
Tiger

What OVP ??.

Reply to
AJDalton7

"T.G. Lambach" wrote in news:LXk1d.85816 $3l3.612@attbi_s03:

Hot or cold. Mostly hot, but has happened cold also.

Reply to
Steve