'96 Mercedes C280 Problems

HI there,

I have some problems about my 96 C280 Elegance Automatic sedan. When the engine is under working temperature, I have some difficulties in starting the engine. Is it true that the alternator is not charging the battery well? Or is it the problems coming from the spark plugs? However, when I start the engine in the morning (ie when the engine is cold), I have no problem at all in starting it...... Can anyone tell me what to do in solving the situation?

Secondly, it's about the cooling system of the vehicle, whenever I travel through the stop-and-go traffic with the air-conditioner is running, the water temperature gauge climbs a lot to 100C from about 80s, I wonder if I need to replace the water coolant ratio with more antifreeze, or is it something else (probably the sensors or anything else) that having problems?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards Joe.

Reply to
Joe

When the engine is hot you should press lightly on the accelerator when you crank it and it will start.

Temperature rise is normal. The coolant should be renewed every two years to prevent corrosion.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks for your comment, but do you think I should change the plugs to solve the problem??

Thanks again, Joe.

"T.G. Lambach" ??? news: snipped-for-privacy@NoHamOrSpamcomcast.net ???... When the engine is hot you should press lightly on the accelerator when you crank it and it will start.

Temperature rise is normal. The coolant should be renewed every two years to prevent corrosion.

Reply to
Joe

You say it starts well when cold, that's a good indication that the existing spark plugs are fine. Only change the spark plugs according to M-B schedule.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach