96 UK E320 (210 engine) roof sunroof mechanism

I've recently purchsed the above car and the sunroof does not work, can somebody please help -- where is the motor and mechanics ? I've checked the fuse and it is ok, I would be grateful for any help.
TIA
Tony Hann.
snipped-for-privacy@gif123.demon.co.uk wrote in message

My S-class had same problem and motor drive was in rear left boot at side of wing. I had a spanner in tool kit supplied with car to operate manually if roof failed. I wound the roof back with this and after removing trim could get a bit of grease on the drive cable with a small screwdriver. It then operated ok so I put a bit more grease on in different places and it has been fine since.Best advice is to fully open and close once a week even in winter as mine had not been used for 6 months and had evidently seized up.Check history on this site as others may have had other problems if something else has gone. GOOD LUCK REGARDS DON
A tagential question that has been puzzling me for a while since I started reading this newsgroup: is a sunroof what North Americans call a moon roof?
DAS --
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:13:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gif123.demon.co.uk wrote:

Its all in the sunroof cartridge, which is behind the headlining. Probably cables/motor. Be prepared for an expensive repair.....
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:35:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gif123.demon.co.uk wrote:

Not really, getting the cartridge in and out is a two man job. Its not technically that difficult, just very time consuming removing the headlining and you have to be very careful not to crease it.