Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1981 300SD Rough shift into & out of 2nd
This is in the 4 speed automatic. Worse when cold. It shifts so abruptly up that if I accelerate quickly it chirps the tires when it hits second. Downshift it seems to hesitate shifting down out of...
5
5

XM Radio in 07 C230 Mercedes
All, I am considering the purchase of an 07 C230 Mercedes, but much to my dismay the factory radio option for satellite radio is Sirius only. Does anyone know of a way to use the factory radio...

ignition lock housing... stuck on harness (on 1985 300SD)
I'm in the process of replacing the ignition lock housing. I've done most of the work (as you can see from picture) but I cannot remove the wire harness. I've tried pulling with a pair of pliers with...

tranny noise on 300 SD?
Hi all, My car is making a rattling noise when I put it into Reverse or Drive. When it's in Park or Neutral, it quiets down. Time for a trip to the transmission shop or is there something simple to...
6
6

Drive shaft flex. disk
Im trying to change the rear flexible coupling on my 91 300E. I have all the bolts removed but im unable to move the drive shaft foward to extract the disk. Any advise on how to get the disk out?...

420 1988 probs
Also I have noticed that the electric front windows are inoperative, no heat on front and back windows, but motor warms up o.k. There are 2 black plastic relays on the outside firewall (about the size...
6
6

Polarity of power outlet
I am removing my ashtray and cigar lighter as I have no need for them. I am putting in a new power outlet (old cigar lighter socket with a fancy new name) and was wondering about the polarity of the...
3
3

Found: 5 Speed Shifter
I can't believe my good luck. I was driving by the yard that I frequent and decided to stop in. Walking down the third row of cars I saw a 1985 190E. Not getting my hopes up since I have seen about a...
2
2

Wanted: W123 or W201 5-Speed Shifter
Thank You for all of your previous responses to my posts. I like driving the 230CE but the RPM's are high at 3000@ 60 MPH. I am preparing to put a 5-speed transmission from a W201 190D in to help out....

'92 300D and biodiesel
Are the fuel lines in a car of this vintage synthetic? I'm told that I really don't need to change to Viton to run B99. TIA JD
6
6

Cruise control
I read or heard somewhere that using the cruise control is hazardous to your fuel mileage. Is that true? If so, why? Seems to me it should increase your fuel mileage.
1
1

[for sale] 400 CDI central engine unit
I sell this CPU: contact me to have other informations and pictures.

Antique 1912-1949 Porcelain teapot 528 chinaware 400 sell
Antique 1912-1949 Porcelain teapot 528 chinaware 400 sell world Only pure variety the antique chinaware series big collection has the very big collection value and the development good opportunity!!!...

Re: Nick Johns AKA Euromerc (criminal thief selling counterfeit parts)
Without hesitation apparently. I'm sure that Tazbar auction site is much better for business than eBay. Bahahahahahahaha!

Euromerc
How would anything like that invalidate the fact that you practice fraud on the internet, cheat people out of their money and live in a slum that has been well documented with photographic evidence?...
2
2