97 C230 IR Key problem

My key fob has stopped unlocking the car doors. I have tried both keys I have with fresh batteries. I recall having this happen before and I flashed the key fob at the rear view mirror a number of times and then started the car and then the key worked on the doors. I can't seem to get it to work this time.

Is there a specific routine you have to go through to reprogram the keys?

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard Nelson

From inside the car zap the mirror briefly twice, then turn the ignition switch to position 2 within thirty seconds.

Reply to
Stratman

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately still no go. The LED's on both keys light up so I think the keys are working.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Nelson

Hi,

I just bought a '98 C230. What does zapping the mirror have to do with programming the remote? ( or what's the purpose of this maneuver?)

Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
Sniper