'97 E320: How does one clear a "Check Engine" code?

After I retrieve the Code number I'd like to clear the code to see if it reoccurs. So how do I clear the code??

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

In article ,

-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Use the scan tool to clear the codes....Disconnecting the battery wipes out the ECU adaptive learning data, the radio antitheft code and other troublesome items. Peter "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
Peter W. Peternouschek

Yes, the OBD II scanner should be able to erase the coder. Autozone tool should be able to do so.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks everyone.

Reply to