'97 E320: How does one clear a "Check Engine" code?

After I retrieve the Code number I'd like to clear the code to see if it reoccurs. So how do I clear the code??

permission.
"-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote in message

On my '99 E430 disconnecting the battery for a few minutes is the only way I know. I imagine if you have a good ODBII reader it can clear the codes as well?
-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

    would that be gas or diesel?
cheers, guenter
Use the scan tool to clear the codes....Disconnecting the battery wipes out the ECU adaptive learning data, the radio antitheft code and other troublesome items. Peter "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Yes, the OBD II scanner should be able to erase the coder. Autozone tool should be able to do so.
Thanks everyone.
permission.