'97 E320 No Fuel Pump Hum - No Start

After exactly 40,000 miles the motor cranks but doesn't fire - at all - despite repeated tries and several ON / OFF cycles of the ignition key.
I suspected something wrong the moment I turned the key and didn't hear
the usual one to two second fuel pump hum before turning the key to Start.
I've looked through some online parts catalogs for a fuel pump relay (my immediate thought as a suspect) but find none listed.
Does this '97 (straight six engine) have a fuel pump relay?
If so, where is it?
Your help is appreciated.
Tom