97' E320 What is the small bulb type-number used in the small headlight assembly..looks like a flashlight bulb ?

Almost like a daytime running lamp.

phil wrote:

I replaced that on my 1999 E320 with a Philips Blue Vision "W3W" which was tossed in free when I bought Blue Vision H7s and H1s from Powerbulbs.com. Gave the extra away to folks on MBWorld.com.
There appears to be a Service Bulletin for lamps that have low brightness. Have you had this issue ? and is the W3W the "daytime running" light ?
Thanks in advance.
Phil
In the 1999 E240 it is a 12V, 6W, Mercedes part N 000 000 000 172 It is most probably the same part for your car. They are not expensive but they burn out often and are a pain to replace if you are not familiar with the procedure. They are halogen bulbs. Do not touch the quartz bulb or the life of the lamp will be shortened.
WY