'97 e420 - Driver inside door handle problem

Appreciate any ideas regarding driver door handle. Just went limp, lost the linkage I presume that connects to the lock release. Is this a big job to fix or something that can be done relatively easily.
Don't want to get sucked into MB Service. Thanks!

i've not had to perform this particular fix, though I do have some experience behind the door panel of W210s. my gut says it's pretty straightforward and I wouldn't sweat pulling the panel off for a look see. you can easily get started just to perform an explorartory.
http://w210.pietrzyk.net/disassembly_doors.htm