97 E420 Sedan driver side AMBER LIGHT

Hi All,
I am humbled by how to replace a burned out bulb on my 97 E420.
I found an access flap underneath the car, but it seems to go nowhere. The lense will flex if I try to pry it away from the car. However, I
don't have the huevos to apply more force because of the potential damage.
HELP......... What is the secret?
Thanks to all, in advance............Hez of the Pacific NW