97 SL Oil Temp indicator question. Please help!!

Hello, I just moved from Canada to the US and in order to register my 1997 500SL, the Motor Vehicle Dept requires me to replace the Speedometer with a U.S
Version in Miles and not Kilometer.
I just picked up a complete cluster from a 2000 model year, and swaped it with my old one. It was an easy install, every needle, indicator and lights works just fine except this new Oil Temprature Indicator in place of my old Oil Pressure Indicator.
Does anyone know if there is a remedy for this? Can I get the Oil Temp to work? If not, can I remove only that Dial and swap it back with the old one? Will the Oil Pressure work again?
Also my outside temprature indicator shows +136 degrees. Of course, I think I have a bad sensor for that, but I don't know where it is located to replace it. Is it behind the rear view mirror on the rain sensor module or is it in the engine compartment somewhere?
Any input regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.
dans l'article snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, aterani snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net a crit le 04/12/03 03:31:

Can only answer to the last question.
On my '92 500SL, the outside temperature sensor is located at the back of the front bumper.
Temp & pressure use different sensors, did you change the sensor as well as the cluster?

500SL, the Motor Vehicle Dept requires me to replace the Speedometer with a U.S Version in Miles and not Kilometer.

with my old one. It was an easy install, every needle, indicator and lights works just fine except this new Oil Temprature Indicator in place of my old Oil Pressure Indicator.

work? If not, can I remove only that Dial and swap it back with the old one? Will the Oil Pressure work again?

think I have a bad sensor for that, but I don't know where it is located to replace it. Is it behind the rear view mirror on the rain sensor module or is it in the engine compartment somewhere?

I was hoping to find out what sensors needed to be changed. Do I need an oil leveling sensor as well? DO I need a new oil pan or the existing one can accomodate the sensor.