98 E320 Electric Seat Adjustment

I have a 98 E320. I am unable to move the drivers seat rearward using the switch on the door panel, however the seat will move rearward when I use a one of the preselected memory buttons on the door panel switch. So I know the motor works.

I?ve tried replacing the entire ?seat adjustment/memory button? switch in the door panel with a new Mercedes part. However, the same problem exists: All switch functions work correctly, except the ?seat rearward? input.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
clint

suggesting the obvious, I know....but get a bright light and scour the track beneath the seat to ensure that it is free and clear. it's amazingly easy for crap to fall down and jamb so that travel is blocked

Reply to
avi8tor01