98 E320: should I get a new battery?

The battery is about 8 years old now. Nothing wrong yet, spoke to dealership service department, they said 'don't worry about'. Does it sound right?

Thanks

Reply to
dbmethods

I just replaced the one in my '96. I wouldn't worry about it until funny things start happening. I was getting the alternating flashing red and green lights in the mirror some mornings when I started it, occasionally it would need a boost, and other minor things like an intermittent cruise control finally made me take it to the shop. All was fixed with a new battery.

You'll know when you need it, and they aren't that expensive when you do ~$145 Cdn I believe.

dbmethods wrote:

Reply to
Shawn

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

"I just replaced the one in my '96. I wouldn't worry about it until funny things start happening"

A lot depends on who uses the car and for what. If it's a second car that isn't a priority, isn't likely to result in a tow charge if it goes dead in the wrong place, etc., is driven in moderate climates, then maybe I'd wait. On the other hand, if it's a car that you use to visit clients, need it to always start reliably, is driven in cold winters by someone who will have to call for road service when it fails, then I'd replace it now.

Reply to
trader4

Wan-ning, I live in Columbia... where did you buy your battery? TIA, Al

Reply to
Alfred

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan