'98 E320: Strange Behavior

My E320 was recently rear-ended (by my daughter, and by my other car, but that's another whole story and don't ask or I'll have to go back on my meds again) and it came out with just a scratch under the trunk lock, however the exhaust/muffler pipes were pushed forward about 1/2 inch.

Then yesterday, a week or two later, the car started some strange behavior. First, I noticed the radio playing as I returned to the car in a store parking lot. (I noticed some people looking at the car as they walked by and thought to myself "yeah, that's a good looking car, heh heh"... oops.)

Then, upon parking the car at home, the radiator fans came on, reall loud and wouldn't stop. The hood wasn't hot but there appeared to be heat radiating from under the car as I stepped out of the driver's side. (Luckily I drove the car to the shop right away that evening, because the fans ran until the battery died.)

And, also, earlier in the week I had a feeling that the climate controls weren't working properly, and kept fiddling with them to see if they would respond, which annoyed my husband, but that's ok.

Could all this be electrical and related to the back end of the car being hit? Or is it demonic posession?

~Des

'98 E320 '84 300D '83 300CD and... A Fond Farewell to: '89 300TE

Reply to
Des

{snipped}

Well, it looks like electrical but it's stopped now. Seems that it might be more related to having been washed rather than having been rear-ended, because something got wet under the hood.

The watchamacallit, I think.

Thanks anyway.

~Des

Reply to