99 E240 strange problem

When it's cold outside, below -10 dec C sometimes my fathers E240 stalls after starting. Engine actually runs at 200-300 rpm's and doesn't respond to the gas pedal. Full trottle and it mangages about 1000 rpm's. If you restart it again everything is fine. This has happenede perhaps 5 times in the last two months. Car has done about 60K. Is this a common problem? A friend of mine has a 99 E200 and it has done the same a few times as well.

Reply to
Joachim Østberg

It has happened to mine a couple of times in four years. I have not commented it with MB, as it a very rare occurrence (in my case it was not related to cold temperature) and otherwise it runs OK. I am at a loss as to the cause

Reply to
WÇY

Could have some fuel line freeze, run a bottle of fuel line de-icer through the tank.

Reply to
Blair Ount