A/C

Greetings all,

I do not understand how the a/c works on my 89' 560 SEL. The defrosters come on anytime I want regular a/c. Also, is there something on the dash that closes the outside air to get "max a/c"?

TIA,

Bill

Reply to
BG

If your defroster is wide open all the time, you need to check the vacuum hose by the fusebox in the hood... look for yellow thingy with vacuum hoses attached to it... one in and two out.

Pull out the side with one in... is there vacuum? If yes, then you most likely need to change the defrost vent actuator in the glovebox.

If the defrost vent opens as you accelerate, then you need to change the yellow checkvalve.

Reply to
Tiger