A/C compressor - tired?

Hi,

Shouldn't the clutch of the compressor turn over smoothly? Just last week got a friend help me charge the system up and now it is not cooling at all :-(( This NipponDenso compressor model 10P17C on 1990 560 sel seems to be too willing to turn over on its clutch? I thought I should expect to have the feeling of some reasonably "resistant" in turning over like the shop air compressor? Could it be that charging at a higher pressure (ie more than

40 psi) can possibly damage its suction side? Maybe it just time to pack up.

Am going to remove the compressor, any tips and or suggestion appreciated.

TIA

...richard

Reply to
ricardo