A/C questions '89 190E 2.6

Where is the connection to check the pressure on the high pressure side of the A/C? Is it on the dryer next to the pressure switches under a cap? On the compressor and checked from the bottom?
I have the Haynes book and it left A/C service completely out of the book.
My dual electric fans are not running when the compressor is running. I thought it was normal for the fans to run whenever the compressor runs - even if the car is at ambient temperature and just started. And I think if the ignition switch is turned to on and the A/C switch is on, even though the car is not running, the fans should run. Correct?
I removed the fan relay and jumpered across the terminals and the fans do run then, so it is not the fans.
With the fan relay out of the circuit, the relay clicks and appears to work properly.
There is power to the relay. It appears that something in the coil ground side of the relay wiring isn't making contact.
Thanks for the help.
Jim
There are several things needed to check the aux fan... make sure the fuse on rela is good... most newer car has it. The majority of problem that the fan doesn't come on is old temperature sensor... two and three prongs that is located on top of the engine.
As for A/C pressure... the Low side is right above your shock tower on driver side... the High side is down by the radiator next to the filter drier.