A/C Sensor?

Hi all- Someone recently posted about an engine temp. sensor that shuts off the AC compressor.... I've searched, but I can't find the post- can anyone
tell me where this sensor is exactly (engine block, I think) and how I can test it? There was something mentioned about a red sensor and a green one....
my AC works fine, but just blows warm at higher engine temps....
Thanks much, Chris
Frank- Thanks for that- I'm going to look into that tomorrow and see exactly what the compressor is doing....
If I get to the point where I have to charge the system, do you know where it gets charged?
Thanks, Chris

Chris,
I've got quoted for around $250 by a few independent MB shops (3lbs * $60/lbs + $70labor) to recharge the AC (mine is low on freon(bubbles in the sight glass), thus does not cool well when it's loaded with 4-5 people).
Frank.

I just had mine charged with 2lb's (apparently it only holds 2.4lb's)..... There are no leaks, and I think it's too hot in NYC right now to judge just how well its working.... I'm off to Albany/Woodstock for a few days and I'll see how well it holds up... If it doesn't, I'm scare to even think of what the problem might be...