A\C starting to come out of the wrong vents?

I have a 85 380SE and in max mode the a\c has not blown full cold from the dash vents since I got it 5 years ago. It splits the air to the windsheild
vents and the dash vents. Now the regular mode is starting to do the same thing. As a DIYer what can I do to solve this - besides taking it to a dealer and pooring $1000's into a 20 year old car? TIA
I had the same (or at least similar) problem on a '95 E320. It turned out to be a cracked vacuum line. Total cost to repair was $200.

There are several vacuum bellows that control the A/C vents. The one which your are speaking of is dead in the middle of the console and hardest to reach. (Mine is dead too) You can either remove the console and replace it, try and replace it with the console in place, or buy two computer keyboard wrist wrests, and set them on the dash over the defogger vents. Guess which one I chose? :-)
Lee