A class any good ?

Having recently changed jobs I need a car for work, about 20,000 miles per year, not a lot but enough to leave me broke using my current Landrover discovery. I want a car that will be economical, reliable, comfortable, and
big enough to carry a Kite buggy with the seats down if necessary. What are these really like and what are they like on fuel ?
Thanks
Tony

and
are
I've driven lots of miles in them as my C-Class is always in for repair and I get an A-class (if I'm lucky) as a courtesy car. Their ride and (particularly) traction is not very good compared to others in their class like the Golf. Even the weeny diesel spins its wheels in the wet. The relatively short wheel base and small wheels make for a jiggly ride at best. I kindof like them - but I am sp pissed off with Mercedes poor quality at the moment that I wouldn't spend my own money on one again.
To me, an interesting design concept. Have driven A-Class as loan car. My experience is with the original (short wheelbase) variety. Not very impressed (and I am a Merc fan). Maybe the newer long wheelbase version is better. Also, I gather the interior has been smartened up.
DAS --

In terms of reliability/build quality the new ones aren't bad, much better than when they first came out. Its a lot of money for not a lot of car though....
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
I was thinking of a year or so old, but comments so far don't seem very positive.
Tony
wrote:

per
and