A little off topic

I have been thinking about a 560 SL convertible, maybe 86 -89 vintage.

What can you say about your vehicle that is good or bad.

Reply to
rcgordo

I have an 86 with 178,000 miles on it. It currently needs new shocks, but its a solid vehicle and the engine runs like a top.

Reply to
LR14

Never having owned a mercedes, I'm concerned about maintenance costs. "Get the guy with the bucks" syndrome

LR14 wrote:

Reply to
rcgordo

Then for god's sake, don't buy a Mercedes. If you can't afford the maintenance, you can't afford the car!

Reply to
Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon responds:

He said he's concerned about the maintenanace costs, which I took to mean that he's soliciting information in order to get a general idea of what maintenance costs would be, in order to *determine* whether he can "afford the car." It isn't as though the guy's already decided that the maintenance costs are high and he's going to buy the car anyway.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

There's a local foreign car repair shop by me, but the owner is a friend of mine... I couldn't give you an accurate idea of maintenance costs, but I will say that on my SL I've had problems with the power steering pump, and rainwater leaks with either top on.

I've also poured a lot of money into it for cosmetic reasons, but I suppose that would be entirely up to you. I like to keep the car looking as new as possible.

Reply to
LR14