A mouse in the house of the car of my spouse

I've always had a rule - no food in my car. Well, my wife has no such rule and the kids often leave various scraps of food in her '95 E320 wagon. Despite my efforts at keeping her car half-way clean, this morning my wife
found that a bag of Easter candy (hidden from the kids) was munched upon by teeny-tiny teeth. I vacuumed the heck out of the car and found evidence of mouse habitation under the seats, etc.
So here's my question: How could a mouse get into the car? It is always garaged. Now tonight I plan to lay some traps for the critter(s), but any ideas where else he/she might be living?
Thanks.
How funny, in a not unsympathetic way.
Hmmm ....
Anybody would know more about this than I do, but my older MBs had horsehair stuffing under the carpets, and kind of an excelsior in the seats, between the springs and the padding under the upholstered leather. I don't think they particularly care what kind of nesting material they gather, though.
Mice are tiny, they're meek, and they hide well. You might try opening all the doors, pulling up the back seat cushion, and see if anything runs out. Failing that, you'll need to be sure to use only traps (not poison) because there is nothing in the history of mankind that will make your car smell worse than a dead rodent inside the heating/ventilation areas.

rule
by
of
What about milk that has gone off?
DAS
I would suggest glue boards, baited with cocktail peanuts. That way, why you catch Mickey or Minnie, you'll be able to remove them. With poisons and spray bombs, you never know where the critter will end up.
I agree. There's nothing more irresistible than a cocktail party, especially if they're from the UES of NYC.
*clink*
*THWACK!*

Got cat?
mcbrue trappingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
MCBRUE wrote:

Yes, that is why in these living areas one should choose a Jaguar over a MB! ;-)))
Juergen
McBrue. . . a skiploader or bulldozer would be overkill! LOL.

Hahaha! Maybe so but it would be fun to run over one with a D-9 Cat!
Pat
News update: Police apprehended a suspect in the general vicinity of the crime during a "sting" operation. He (or perhaps she) bore a striking resemblance to the description of the alleged perpetrator: brown furry body, short tail, brown eyes, and a penchant for cheese. The suspect, however, died during a struggle with authorities. Members of the Mus Musculus community are outraged at what they perceive as police brutality while police claim that the suspect fell down a flight of stairs during the arrest. While an internal investigation will take place into the allegations of excessive force, authorities have promised to continue their enforcement activities.
Thanks for the update, this has been a real nailbiter to follow.
Did they implicate anyone else? What about accomplices?

body,
their
The little rat wouldn't squeal.

no one said how it got in there though.

I have no clue how he/she got in. All of the cabin air intakes look sealed. So I'm assuming that the mouse came through a hole in the firewall (e.g. brake pedal, wiring, etc.) after climbing up a tire, onto the suspension, and into the engine compartment. Sounds bizarre, but that's all I can figure.

Put your feline in the car overnight. Or borrow the neighbors cat. When the cat hears the mouose he will be very very quiet until the mouse shows then it will be all over. You may find a mouse head or two on your carpet in the morning though. Its the cats way of saying "thank you." By leaving you a gift. Worked for me.

rule
by
of