A140 Starting problems...........

Ive got an A140 Classic SE SWB AUTO its a 2003 and Im seeing problems when trying to start it. 3 times in the last week, when trying to start it I get nothing and have to sit for 1/2hr and try starting again and away it
goes. FSH and only 36k on the clock, anyone experienced similar problems or can advise me?
Thanks,
I would start off with the battery... how old is your battery? Does the engine turn over even though it doesn't start? Is starting problem only when engine is hot... not cold? If this is so, then you probably got a fuel injection leak somewhere... most likely the injector.
Hi Tiger, thanks for the reply. The battery Im assuming is 4 years old, no the engine doesnt turn over and the problem has happened when engine both hot and cold............
Ive been told it maybe the alternator by a local (not mercedes garage), was hoping others may have experienced the same and be able to advise.
Thanks,
The battery is seldom good sometimes bad but a connection can be. Connection on the battery or the starter motor or the minus-connection from the battery both sides.
Rolf

Apparently its the Crankshaft Re-Position sensor or so ive been informed by the local Merc garage...........
You need to specify if it does NOT crank or cranks but does NOT start.
A bad battery will keep it from cranking.
A bad crankshaft sensor will keep it from starting but it will still CRANK.