A160 CDI auto - sluggish pulling away just when really needed

I've had my A160 CDI for about four months now. Most of the time, provided I keep the transmission in "S", it's fine. However, sometimes I find I need to pull out smartly into a road that has sporadic gaps in traffic. I find that the car seems to be a bit sluggish, sometimes resulting in me having to stop and wait again.

Is there anything I can do myself to improve this? Is it a fault? Or is it something I just have to get used to?

Reply to
Phil Reynolds

Most turbo automatics have this problem to some extent. The problem is that the turbo does not work until you have some revs on and the auto box tends to keep the revs down initially so there is a delay before the power comes in.

On a manual you can slip the clutch to get the revs up as you move off.

Reply to
Alec Hopley