ABS control unit

I'm having problem with ABS.Contol light is on and ABS does't work.Apparently control unit remembers if something is wrong even after is pulled out of car.I fixed ABS pump and would like to reset control unit so
it could work properly.Does anyone knows how it can be done ?
George

What car ?
Aren't there ABS sensors wires that need replacing? (I don't know I don't have ABS but I thought I remembered...)
The ABS sensors are more likely the problem. For front sensors, the connectors are probably around the top of wheel well, near firewall. Check the resistance and compare with the spec of your car.
On my 87 300SDL, the rear sensor (only one) is in the rear axle, unlike all other American/Japanese cars I own/maintain. I am not sure about yours.
goratex wrote:

No sensors are ok.Do you know how to reset the control unit ?

yours.
is
so
What kind of car do you have? I am only familiar with W201, W126 and a little bit of W124. Older MB most likely have no ABS while newer ones probably have no problem yet.
How was the diagnosis done? What exactly is the symptom? When does ABS light turn on, immediately at ignition, after car moving? Does it go off after certain time?
Both W201 and W126 do not mention anything as resetting the control unit. If it does require such work, I believe it will be a dealer job since even the correct diagnosis procedure requires special tester. I suggested ABS sensors only because they are the #1 suspect. Control unit usually is fine unless it is fried due to high voltage (check your OVP relay). Hydraulic unit usually lasts as long as the car too.
goratex wrote:

I would suggest, as the owner of my third benz, that when it comes to ABS, you let a qualified tech look at it, at least to determine what is wrong. I'm not saying you aren't qualified to work on this system--I don't know you, so I'd never go there, but it isn't exactly a belt replacement, if you know what I mean. Just an opinion, of course. Wish you well.